Dates for the diary
The dates for our 2019-2020 HR Rely employment seminars in the Birmingham office can be found below. Please note, these seminars can also be delivered in house, contact Julie Banks at email@example.com for further details.
5 December 2019 - Managing change in the workplace
At some point an organisation is likely to want to implement change, whether it is due to a need to reduce costs or more positively, in order to be able to meet increased demand. In this briefing we deal with managing change and the processes that need to be followed to ensure fairness and avoid damage to employee relations. We cover the following:
- Collective consultation obligations – when is it required and what is involved
- Managing a redundancy exercise including:
- The selection process
- Individual consultation
- Alternative employment
- Changing terms and conditions
- How to conduct a fair process
- TUPE implications
15 January 2020 - Absence management- How to deal with ill health and absence in the workplace
Absence levels often improve when employees fear redundancy but when organisations are recruiting employees can feel comfortable and absence levels creep up. With this in mind, we will be running a seminar on absence management covering the following:
- The first steps in absence management – the correct procedures and effective return to work meetings
- Obligations towards disabled employees
- Dealing with holiday during absence
- Managing short term frequent absence
- Managing long term sickness absence
12 February 2020 - The Equality Act 2010
In this course we provide an overview of the employment provisions of the Equality Act 2010 and in particular provide legal and practical guidance on managing the following workplace issues:
- Mental Health
- Reasonable adjustments for disabled employees
- Sexual Orientation discrimination
- Employees undergoing gender reassignment
4 March 2020 - Problematic employment scenarios and how to deal with them
The course of managing employees does not always run smoothly. Any organisation will have an assortment of problems amongst its workforce, whether it concerns employees going off AWOL, trying to accommodate flexible working requests, dealing with an employee’s criminal conduct outside of work that impacts in the workplace, managing serial complainers, handling the breakdown of relationships within the team or dealing with subject access requests.
We address all of these and a variety of other common difficult employment scenarios in our surgery style training session.
8 April 2020 - Holidays
Although in recent times it has been the Working Time Regulations that have stolen the limelight in relation to holiday matters in the workplace, issues relating to holiday entitlement and pay are not confined to these regulations.
When managing the holiday of its workforce, an employer also needs to be concerned with other legislation including the governing equal treatment for part time workers and the Equality Act 2010 as well as contractual issues.
In our briefing, we will guide you through the issues that you need to consider when managing holiday in the workplace including:
- Calculating holiday entitlement for a flexible workforce
- Avoiding discrimination when managing holiday
- Dealing with extended leave
- Complying with the Working Time Regulations
The cost of each seminar is £75 + VAT per delegate
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Banks on 0121 616 6552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org