Dates for the diary
The dates for our 2019 HR Rely Employment Seminars in the Birmingham office can be found below. Please note, these seminars can also be delivered in house, contact Julie Banks at email@example.com for further details.
4 April 2019 - Working with Trade Unions
There was a time when all those in a management or HR role had experience of dealing with Trade Unions but this is less the case today. Nevertheless there are still industries where Trade Union membership is high and the Trade Union is strong.
This course is aimed at managers or HR Professionals who have little experience of dealing with Trade Unions or those wanting a refresher. It will cover the following:
- Trade Union recognition – what does it look like and what does it mean?
- What rights do Trade Union members have in the workplace?
- What rights to Trade Union officials have in the workplace?
- How to maintain a constructive working relationship with the Trade Union
- How and when can Industrial action be commenced and what rights does an employer have?
25 April 2019 - Managing a neat termination
Under the Employment Rights Act 1996 it is now possible, in certain circumstances, to have conversations with an employee with a view to agreeing the termination of
employment where such conversation are protected from disclosure at Tribunal. Even where this is possible, there are still a number of matters that an employer should look at to ensure a clean termination and to ensure it has covered itself both practically and from other risks post termination.
In this ½ day seminar we will look at the issues an employer should consider:
- Having the pre-termination discussion
- Contractual issues
- Where to pitch the settlement?
- What protections to seek as part of the settlement?
- Tax issues on termination including the April 2018 changes
The cost of each seminar is £75 + VAT per delegate
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Banks on 0121 616 6552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org